AVI Survival Products 8 Person Life Raft conforms to the latest FAA TSO C70a requirement. The life raft has a single tube inflatable design, classified as a Type II Non-Transport category life raft recommended for Corporate and General Aviation.
The 8 Person life raft series is constructed with the latest Urethane coated Nylon Fabric, with a single tube internal bulkhead design that are attached using hot air welding. Welding the fabric together tightly seals the seams together creating two separate chambers. Each raft includes a stabilizing Water Ballast system, a hand pump, bailing bucket, a sea anchor, secured life-lines on the exterior perimeter of the raft for use of survivors in the water, and an inflation/retaining line that is attached to a high strength patch on the raft to prevent drifting and a water activated locator light. Aluminum cylinders and valves are added to reduce corrosion while packed and in use. The Soft-Pack Valise is made of heavy-duty polyester fabric with secured Velcro closures for a tightly packed raft.
These rafts are engineered to reduce overall weight and deliver a compact design for easy transport and stowage for any aircraft compartment. AVI life rafts come with a 5-year warranty on parts and labor, built to last a lifetime with proper care.
TSO Life Rafts are recommended for those who charter flight and/or are categorized as Part 121 or 135 Operators. This raft includes the FAR 135 TSO Survival Equipment Kit that meets FAA regulations. This kit includes the FAA TSO 406 ELT, which is required by law for those who operate an airplane in extended overwater operations. For more information on FAA Survival Equipment Kits visit, Electronic Code of Federal Regulations.
TSO 8 Person Life Raft with FAR 135 Survival Equipment Kit
- Lightest weight and most compact - easy to carry, stow away, and maneuver able any emergency.
- Single tube with internal bulkhead design creating two separate chambers.
- Includes a stabilizing Water Ballast System and a Water Activated Locator Light.
- Soft-Pack Valise made of heavy duty Polyester fabric with secure Velcro closures.
- Constructed of Urethane coated Nylon Fabric, meeting TSO-C70B requirements.
- Contains Aluminum Cylinders and valves eliminating corrosion and greatly reducing the weight.
- 5-year warranty on parts and labor, built to last a lifetime with proper care.
- Optional survival kits are available to meet individual requirements and highly visible orange canopy to aid in search and rescue operations.
- Buoyancy Tube
- CO2 Inflation System
- Canopy Mast
- Boarding Handles
- Retaining Line
- Hand Pump
- Bailing Bucket
- Sea Anchor